Friday, June 8, 2012

I AM NOT A BAKER!


I have an obsession with red velvet....cookies.....cake.....Blue Bell Ice Cream. It's consuming, literally. Then last night my friend Big Don posted a picture of a frosty carton of Red Velvet Blue Bell Ice Cream.


It reminded me of a recipe that I had found on Pinterest for Red Velvet Crackle Cookies. I haven't made it mostly because everything I try to bake turns out crappy. When they handed out magic chef dust at culinary school graduation they forgot my portion of the baking dust. I am just no good at it. Crackle Cookies are all things good, cookie wise. They are crispy and crunchy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside. And pretty...all crackly and dusted with powdered sugar. 

Three ingredients and ten minutes later I actually had the lovely cookies just like I saw on Pinterest. 

-6 tbsps of melted butter slightly cooled
-2 large eggs
-1 box of Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake Mix 

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl. The mix will be real thick like a paste. Roll up two inch balls of the mix and then roll in a light coating of powdered sugar. Place on a cookie sheet, bake at 350 degrees for 8-10 mins. Let cool for about five more.

The best part with this recipe is that if you are not a red velvet-aholic such as I am, you can use any flavor of cake mix that you want. I bet if you could even use big fat chocolate chips in this recipe too.



They are pretty, and delicious, and yup even I could make them. Happy Baking Ya'll!

1 comment: